UH/HCC Engineering Academy accepting applicants - Application deadline July 15
1 Jul 2021
The University of Houston (UH- Main Campus) and Houston Community College (HCC) have created a unique engineering partnership: The UH/HCC Engineering Academy! Students are co-enrolled at both institutions and are official UH Engineering Cougars from the very first day!
Students can now apply for the UH/HCC Engineering Academy at two locations:
- Katy – I10/Hwy 99 – 22400 Grand Circle Blvd., Katy, Texas 77449
- Fraga Eastside – one mile east of Downtown Houston at the HCC Felix Fraga Campus–301 N. Drennan, Houston, Texas 77003
- Student is ready for Calculus I (MATH 2413) and Chemistry I (CHEM 1311) – options are available for Pre-Cal students, but encouraged to complete Pre-Cal during the summer
- Student is admissible to both UH Main and HCC: UH Admissions criteria: http://www.uh.edu/admissions/
- Student has a flexible schedule for cohort classes, which are defined as math, science, and engineering. Cohort classes are taught at the HCC Katy Campus and the UH Katy campus at pre-determined times.
- Student is committed to a rigorous academic schedule including at least one math, one science, and one engineering course each long semester.
- Co-enrollment: UH at Katy and HCC Katy campus
- Access to student services, activities and organizations at both institutions, including resources and amenities at University of Houston main campus
- Smaller class sizes for all cohort math and science courses in a predetermined schedule provides more individualized educational support and student success
- Significantly lower tuition and fees.
More program details:
Engineering Academy students who earn a minimum 3.25 cumulative grade point average (CGPA) by the end of their second year at both HCC and UH and complete the required coursework will have automatic admission to their first-choice engineering major at UH.
The Academy program offers students an opportunity to earn the first two years of a 4-year degree in Civil, Electrical, Computer, Industrial, & Mechanical Engineering, which will be completed at UH Main campus. In addition, three new engineering degrees have been created which can be completed at UH at Katy: Construction Engineering, Computer Engineering & Analytics, and Systems Engineering. Start in Katy – Finish in Katy!
The deadline to apply is July 15.
Links and Resources:
YouTube Video: https://youtu.be/Z_t6MyiCwpE
Application Website: www.hccs.edu/engineering-uh
UH Website: https://www.egr.uh.edu/engineering-academies/hcc
Academy Email: email@example.com
Attend an Information Session (Recorded and Virtual options): https://www.egr.uh.edu/engineering-academies/hcc/information-sessions