The Katy Area Economic Development Council, a private, non-profit, full-service economic development corporation, invites your company to join our membership.
Founded in 2003 with the mission of establishing the Katy area as the premier location for families and businesses through planned economic development, activities of this organization include business attraction in office, medical, light industrial and mixed-use project sectors.
Other objectives of Katy Area EDC include retention and expansion of existing businesses, promotion and facilitation of infrastructure projects to support business development, and improvement of quality of life and place for residents of the Katy area.
The primary service territory of Katy Area EDC is generally defined by the boundaries of the Katy Independent School District (181 square miles) which includes the City of Katy, parts of the City of Houston and Fulshear, and parts of Harris, Fort Bend and Waller Counties. As a member, your company can contribute to the positive growth and development of the entire region.
You can view a full list of membership benefits here.
Services offered by the Katy Area EDC and its staff of professionals include:
- Building and maintaining property and research databases for proposal development
- Marketing and branding the Katy area
- Responding to site selectors and the State of Texas with proposals and information about the Katy area
- Providing confidential site selection services to business prospects
- Recruiting new businesses to locate in the service area
- Providing existing, expanding businesses with technical assistance and information on permitting, financing, incentives, site selection, training and workforce development
- Conducting economic impact analysis of new business and development
- Discouraging and/or opposing projects adverse to the quality of life, quality growth and quality development of Katy
- Monitoring and supporting advocacy for public infrastructure development
- Providing a forum for members to be informed of new project issues
- Promoting workforce development programs and higher education opportunitiesMembership Levels: Board of Governors, Strategic Partners, Associate