IKEA to debut store with new format in Katy spring 2024
9 Oct 2023
By: Asia Armour - Community Impact
IKEA U.S. announced in an Oct. 3 news release that a storefront with a new format is coming to Katy’s LaCenterra shopping center by spring 2024.
This will be the second IKEA location to open in the Houston metro, and is part of the brand’s larger expansion and development plan, per the release.
What you need to know
The new format is referred to as a plan and order point with pickup by IKEA spokespersons. Some features of the incoming 5,500-square-foot store include:
- Interior design planning with IKEA specialists
- Customer support from IKEA to plan and order home furnishings for more intensive projects, such as kitchens, bedrooms and bathrooms
- Arrangements for both online and in-store purchase pickup
- Delivery to a customer’s home or more convenient location
What they're saying
This expansion is part of IKEA’s commitment to become more accessible, convenient and affordable for the many, according to a statement from Javier Quiñones, CEO and chief sustainability officer for IKEA’s U.S. stores.
“Our commitment to expanding the IKEA experience is unwavering, and Katy is a strategic next step in our journey,” Quiñones said. “We believe in bringing the magic of IKEA closer to our customers to better meet their needs, both in-store and digitally, with newer, more accessible store formats."
- Coming this spring
- 23501 Cinco Ranch Blvd., Ste. G130, Katy