The First State Bank
The First State Bank opened its doors in Louise, Texas, on May 7, 1956 with $100,000 original capital. The first bank officers were John W. Hancock, President; L.S. Stockton, Executive Vice President and Cashier; and M.W. Crowell, Vice President. By the end of September of the same year, The First State Bank had over $1 million in assets.
The First State Bank continues to grow and is resolved to stay independent. Today the bank has over $820 million in assets, $70 million in capital and 12 full-service branches -- Louise, El Campo, Sweeny, Blessing, Wharton, Ganado, Bay City, Angleton, Victoria, Woodsboro, Refugio and Dilley, and two Loan Production Offices - El Campo Mortgage and Sugar Land. The First State Bank is proud of its community involvement and quality service.