Leadership Institute Overview
Unrivalved personal leadership development from a Tier One university
A partnership with the University of Houston Bauer School of Business (UH) and the Katy Area Economic Development Council (EDC), the Katy Area Leadership Institute is a unique, practical and custom leadership program designed and deleivered by experts in industry and academic leadership. Participant benefits and deliverables include:
- Building professional relationships with area leaders and executives
- Developing future leaders of the Katy area
- Providing in-depth education about the social, community and economic workings of the Katy area community
- Building personal, organizational and civic leadership
- Nurturing the long-term ownership and affiliation for the future prosperity of the Katy area through insight, education, and collaboration
- Providing up to six units of CEUs, which may be applicable towards a Master's degree at UH Bauer College of Business
The program will be operated and primarily taught by the University of Houston Bauer School of Business Faculty and will consist of the following:
- Participants in first class: 30 (minimum). Forty participants will be the maximum.
- Timeframe: Nine months, with (9) nine-day long events for the Program Modules noted below.
- Event start-up: February 28, 2020.
- Program Modules: Leadership Development I; Leadership Development II; Economic Development I; Economic Development II; Community Development; Cultural Development; Innovation Development; Strategy Development; Negotiation, Conflict Resolution and Graduation.
- Location: All classes will be held at the new University of Houston Campus in Katy.
- Tuition: $4,500 per participant.
- Sponsorships: Companies and organizations can purchase sponsorships from $10,000 to $1,500, through KTEF (501 c 3). Some sponsorship funding may be awarded to qualifying applicants.
- Applications: The EDC Leadership Committee will review, recommend and approve applicants to participate in the Institute.