Leadership Institute Overview
The Katy area, which is more commonly known as Katy ISD, has no formal, community based general leadership program in place to identify, inform and develop broad based leaders and leadership for the community. For Katy area citizens, the opportunity is great to cultivate community and business leadership who have not been involved in the Katy business, civic and community affairs. Also, there is an opportunity to cultivate and enhance existing leaders to become more involved in improving and helping unify the Katy Area community.
Mission and Objectives
Through a partnership with the University of Houston Bauer School of Business (UH), Katy Area EDC and Katy Technology and Education Foundation (KTEF). The Katy Area Leadership Institute offers the following:
- Network with other Katy leaders
- Identify and develop the future leaders of the Katy area.
- Provides in-depth education about the social, community and economic workings of the Katy area community
- Build personal, organizational and civic leadership
- Nurture the long-term ownership and affiliation for the future prosperity of the Katy area through insight, education and collaboration.
- Provide participants of the Institute up to six unites of CEUs, which may be applicable towards a Master’s degree at UH Bauer College of Business.
The program will be operated and primarily taught by the University of Houston Bauer School of Business Faculty and will consist of the following:
- Participants in first class: 30 (minimum). Forty participants will be the maximum.
- Timeframe: Nine months, with nine-day long events for the learning modules noted below.
- Event start-up: Fall, 2019.
- Learning Modules: Leadership Development I; Leadership Development II; Economic Development I; Economic Development II; Community Development; Cultural Development; Innovation Development; Strategy Development; Negotiation, Conflict Resolution and Graduation.
- Location: All classes will be held at the new University of Houston campus in Katy.
- Costs: $4,500 per participant.
- Sponsorships: Companies and organizations can purchase sponsorships from $10,000 to $4,500, through KTEF (501 c 3) and some sponsorship funding may be awarded to qualifying applicants.
- Applications: Must apply and provide two references.The EDC Leadership Committee will review, recommend and approve applicants to participate in the Institute.