Leadership Institute Overview
The Katy area, which is more commonly known as Katy ISD, has had no formal, community based general leadership program in place to identify, inform and develop broad based leaders and leadership for the community. For Katy area citizens, the opportunity is great to cultivate community and business leadership who have not been involved in the Katy business, civic and community affairs. Also, there is an opportunity to cultivate and enhance existing leaders to become more involved in improving and helping unify the Katy Area community.
Mission and Objectives
Through a partnership with the University of Houston Bauer School of Business (UH), Katy Area EDC and Katy Technology and Education Foundation (KTEF). The Katy Area Leadership Institute offers the following:
- Building professional relationships with area leaders and executives
- Developing future leaders of the Katy area
- Providing in-depth education about the social, community and economic workings of the Katy area community
- Building personal, organizational and civic leadership
- Nurturing the long-term ownership and affiliation for the future prosperity of the Katy area through insight, education, and collaboration
- Providing up to six units of CEUs, which may be applicable towards a Master's degree at UH Bauer College of Business
The program will be operated and primarily taught by the University of Houston Bauer School of Business Faculty and will consist of the following:
- Participants in first class: 30 (minimum). Forty participants will be the maximum.
- Timeframe: Nine months, with (9) nine-day long events for the Program Modules noted below.
- Event start-up: 1st Quarter of 2020.
- Program Modules: Leadership Development I; Leadership Development II; Economic Development I; Economic Development II; Community Development; Cultural Development; Innovation Development; Strategy Development; Negotiation, Conflict Resolution and Graduation.
- Location: All classes will be held at the new University of Houston campus in Katy.
- Tuition: $4,500 per participant.
- Sponsorships: Companies and organizations can purchase sponsorships from $10,000 to $1,500, through KTEF (501 c 3). Some sponsorship funding may be awarded to qualifying applicants.
- Applications: The EDC Leadership Committee will review, recommend and approve applicants to participate in the Institute.