Existing Business Services
Existing businesses create the most new jobs in communities. The Katy area recognizes the impact and importance of existing businesses and their impact on the area and directs a business retention and expansion program that has been in place for over 10 years. The program analyzes the local business climate and helps Katy Area EDC staff address specific company retention and expansion projects.
Over the years, local companies and corporations have rated the business climate in the Katy area as highly favorable and conducive to growth.
EDC staff assistance provided includes:
- Site and Building Selection
- Financing, Workforce Recruitment and Training
- Tax and Non-Tax Incentives
- Facilitating Access to State and Local Programs
EDC economic development allies include:
- Greater Houston Economic Partnership
- City of Katy
- City of Fulshear
- City of Houston
- Economic development organizations of Fort Bend, Harris and Waller Counties
- CenterPoint Energy Economic Development Department