Leadership Institute Overview
The Katy area, which is more commonly known as Katy ISD, has no formal, community based general leadership program in place to identify, inform and develop broad based leaders and leadership for the community. For Katy area citizens, the opportunity is great to cultivate community and business leadership who have not been involved in the Katy business, civic and community affairs. Also, there is an opportunity to cultivate and enhance existing leaders to become more involved in improving and helping unify the Katy Area community.
Mission and Objectives
Through a partnership with the University of Houston Bauer School of Business (UH), Katy Area EDC and Katy Technology and Education Foundation (KTEF). The Katy Area Leadership Institute offers the following:
- Supports the identification and development of leaders by recognizing and attracting leaders who are committed to making a positive difference in the Katy area.
- Provides in-depth education about the social, community and economic workings of the Katy area community.
- Builds the personal, organizational and civic leadership capacities of participants.
- Nurtures the long-term ownership and affiliation for the future prosperity of the Katy area through insight, education and collaboration.
- Provides participants a University of Houston Bauer School of Business Leadership Excellence Certificate and six units of CEU’s, which can applied to six hours of credit towards a Master’s degree at UH.
The program will be operated and primarily taught by the University of Houston Bauer School of Business Faculty and will consist of the following:
- Participants in first class: 30 (minimum). Forty participants will be the maximum.
- Timeframe: Nine months, with nine-day long events for the learning modules noted below.
- Event start-up: August, 2019.
- Learning Modules (9 total): Leadership Development I Leadership Development I; Economic Development I Economic Development II; Community Development; Cultural Development; Innovation Development; Strategy Development and Graduation.
- Location: All classes will be held at the new University of Houston campus in Katy.
- Costs: $4,500 per participant.
- Sponsorships: Companies and organizations can purchase sponsorships from $10,000 to $4,500, through KTEF (501 c 3) and some sponsorship funding may be awarded to qualifying applicants.
- Applications: Must apply and provide two references.The EDC Leadership Committee will review, recommend and approve applicants to participate in the Institute.